2019 Business and Cost Recovery Update
New Tax Law Exploding All Around Us
Planning, Planning, Planning and Planning
Written and Instructed by Bradley Burnett, J.D., LL.M. (Taxation)
(4 hour course)
Tax rates are down, at least for now, but many formerly available tax breaks are taken away. Tax planning is more important than in recent memory. The tax planning pendulum is always swinging. This course explores late breaking developments for closely held entities and how to maximize tax savings in response.
This built from scratch program, up-to-date through the day it is presented, brings you current on changes in federal tax law affecting C and S corporations, partnerships and LLCs and emphasizes planning opportunities in response. Relevant and cutting edge, this course is delivered at a brisk pace and with humor.
- Game changing tax legislation
- Recent important court cases, statutes, regulations, rulings and related developments affecting C and S corporations, partnerships and LLCs
- Special emphasis on tax planning affected and created by recent developments
- Planning with new §163(j) interest expense limitations – Moves to make
- How planning to save employment taxes via partnerships and S corps is meaningfully changing (IRS audit guide released)
- Qualified Opportunity Zones guidance finally popping
- Guidance re: bonus depreciation / What to do about Qualified Improvement Property
- Accounting method change guidance – What we’ve got, what it means
- A meaningful walk through the attribution rule tulips
- What tax planning exactly is and how it can serve you best
- Much more specifics supplied as new developments unfold
Designed for: Return preparers, tax planners and taxpayers desiring to keep up with late breaking tax developments.
- Overland Park
June 21, 2019
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
June 25, 2019
8:30 am - 12:00 pm