2018 Federal Tax Update
Tax Cuts Jobs Act Blows America Out of the Water
Fruit Flying Everywhere
Written and Instructed by Bradley Burnett, J.D., LL.M. (Taxation)
(16 hour course)
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) has pretty much blown America out of the water. Are the changes good or bad? It depends on who you are. There are plenty upon plenty of opportunities for some under TCJA, yet others get thrown under the bus. And, that’s not all. IRS and the Courts have been extremely active in 2018.
This built-from-scratch seminar delivers up-to-the-day changes in federal tax law. The course, delivered at a brisk pace and with humor, is designed to meet the needs of the tax planner and return preparer by identifying and responsibly exploring it all.
- Major provisions of TCJA, BBA 2018, ConApp 2018 and other recently enacted (and newly effective) federal tax legislation
- Recent important court cases, regulations, rulings and related developments affecting individuals, C and S corporations, partnerships, businesses and estates and trusts
- Brand spanking new §199A proposed regulations – How to grab your piece of the pie
- Income, employment and estate and gift taxes
- Cost recovery musical chairs – Compelling new §179 and bonus depreciation opportunities and snares
- Biggest change in history of partnership tax law – Partnerships must now write checks for income taxes – How preparer and planner must immediately defend
- IRS’s latest enforcement tactics
- New tax planning opportunities and traps running rampant
Day 1 features Individual, Investment, Real Estate, IRAs, Fiduciary and Estate and Gift new developments.
Day 2 features Business, Cost Recovery, Employment Tax, Fringe Benefit, Qualified Plan, C and S Corps, Partnerships and LLCs, IRS Practice and Special Topics new developments.
Don’t miss nationally prominent tax update speaker Bradley Burnett’s highly practical, interesting and entertaining tax update. He consistently rates among the top 5 tax instructors in the nation (averaging better than 4.9 on a 5.0 scale).
This course is, no kidding, up-to-date through the day it is presented.
Designed for: Return preparers, tax planners and taxpayers desiring to keep up with late breaking tax developments.
- Overland Park - December 2018
December 18, 2018 - December 19, 2018
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Wichita - January 2019
January 7, 2019 - January 8, 2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm